- 50g brown rice flour
- 75g self raising wholemeal flour
- 50g melted butter
- 3 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk (we like almond and coconut, but any milk is fine)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 40g raisins
- 40g chopped dried apricots *optional)
- You will also need a standard loaf tin (450g)
- Preheat the oven to 180C or Gas mark 4
- Grease the loaf tin with butter, and line it with baking paper
- Put the mashed bananas, milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk.
- In a different bowl, mix both flours, cinnamon, raisins, (chopped apricots) and baking powder and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. To check if it is cooked, you can insert a knife, which should come out clean when it is done.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Slice bread and enjoy hot (toasted in a toaster) or cold.
As a Watergate webmin I love bringing you all the latest news and information about our establishment.