- For the base:
- 200g digestive biscuits, or for a healthy version combine 180g of ground almonds or pecans plus 20g ground flaxseed
- 60g butter, or you could use a nut butter of your choice
- For the filling:
- 200g full fat Cream cheese
- 100g thick greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp light soft brown sugar (to taste)
- For the topping:
- 200g fresh fruit
- 50g grated chocolate
- Put the biscuits into a food bag, seal completely, then use a rolling pin to smash the biscuits up into crumbs until there are no large biscuit pieces remaining. If you are using almonds, combine them with the flax seed in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan then add the base mixture and mix well.
- Grease a cake tin with butter. Press the biscuit base into circular tin and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, lemon juice and yoghurt and stir well until thick.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling on top of the biscuit base ensuring all of the base is covered.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate the top with fresh fruit – kids can make patterns or a smiley face with the different fruit.
- Grate chocolate onto cheesecake before serving.
As a Watergate webmin I love bringing you all the latest news and information about our establishment.
You May Also Like
- No categories