- Water 1/2 cup
- Bittersweet Chocolate 2 ounces
- Fat Free Buttermilk 1/2 cup
- Crushed Red Pepper 1/4 cup
- Egg 1 each
- Canola oil 2 tablespoons
- Flour 1/2 cup mixed with 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
1. Coat a 6-inch round cake pan (2 inches deep) with baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on low speed until well combined, about 1 minute.
4. With mixer running on medium speed, add warm water and beat until well blended. Add buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla, and beat on medium for 5 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
6. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then unmold and cool completely on the rack.
7. When ready to serve, place the bittersweet chocolate in a small bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan set over medium heat until bubbles form around the edge.
8. Immediately pour over chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir until smooth and well blended.
9. Pour over cooled cake and spread to evenly coat top. (Chocolate sauce will drip down the sides.) Let set, about 10 minutes, and serve
As a Watergate webmin I love bringing you all the latest news and information about our establishment.
You May Also Like
- No categories